What is Art Therapy
Art therapy is a powerful section of psychotherapy that uses the creative process of making art to heal and develop our wellbeing. The creative process involved in expressing artistically is a way to recognise, to accept and to integrate our inner world, that for a long time has been unconscious. In a safe, warm and creative space we open and express this inner world so it can be seen, accepted and loved. Art therapy is for everybody. It is not necessary to be talented or to be an artist.
Goals and benefits:
- Improve the relaxation of the mind and the emotional balance
- Improve self-esteem and strengthen body presence
- Promote vitality
- Create more respectful and loving attitudes towards ourselves and the others
- Develop creativity and freedom
- Open up our senses and our awareness
It might be that you are going through a difficult moment and that you need some support and a safe place to express yourself and to be heard.
In individual sessions we give space to what is causing the struggle by talking and by creating. The creative work contains all the information you need to know about yourself. In the sessions I help you to find your own answers and to find new ways of looking at yourself and/or at the situation.
As human beings, one of our very basic need is to be seen and accepted. The same happens with what we call problems. When we give attention to what is causing the pain it might go by itself.
THE FOCUS OF THE SESSIONS ARE:
- Being aware of your physical sensations, emotions and thoughts.
- Expressing what it needs to be expressed.
- Listening to your own needs.
- Connecting with your own power and wisdom.
If you have never done art therapy, or you are not sure if it can help you, or you have some questions, etc. you are very welcome to try a session.
- The first appointment is for free.
- Length of the sessions: 60 minutes aprox.
- Price: €60
- Location: Utrecht
- Language: English and Spanish